Friday, March 19, 2010

Trust

A good friend gave us the devotional 'Jesus Calling', it's been great because there are times that I want to go to the Word and then I sit there with my bible unsure of where to turn. It's just a short devo and a few verses. I read yesterdays today (I didn't really know what day it was) and was very blessed by the truth in the words. Here is what it said:

Trust Me one day at a time. This keeps you close to Me, responsive to My will. Trust is not a natural response, especially for those who have been deeply wounded. My Spirit within you is your resident Tutor, helping you in this supernatural endeavor. Yield to His gentle touch; be sensitive to His prompting.

Exert your will to trust Me in all circumstances. Don't let your need to understand distract you from My Presence. I will equip you to get through this day victoriously, as you live in deep dependence on Me. Tomorrow is busy worrying about itself; don't get tangeld up in its worry-webs. Trust Me one day at a time.
"O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12

My soul needed this reminder today.

2 comments:

Sara said...

This is amazing sissy. The one word I feel like God has spoken to me over and over again is "trust". "Will you trust me?" Love you- so glad you are hearing His voice.

Bunnie said...

This was very encouraging. Thank you for sharing. Bunnie