Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love this boy!!

I really do love and I think I appreciate him in new ways these last few weeks. What a blessing he is! He LOVES looking at sissy's pictures. For almost a week now he has been asking to see her pictures, the ones around the house, on the computer, on Cliff's phone, her slideshow, anywhere he can see his sweet sis. I think it took all the commotion slowing down for him to really realize that she isn't here with us anymore. He asks for her sometimes and we usually just tell him that sissy is with Jesus now. One day he'll understand just what that means. Yesterday I was cleaning my bathroom and right outside the door is a basket left from Elyse's memorial service with a bunch of the smaller frames in it. Peter emptied the whole basket talking about each picture of her (he would say, "sis" or "feet") it was so cute! And then he put them all back just the way they were before, what a sweet type 'A' little boy I have. We have been praying that he will have supernatural memories of Elyse and I hope this is the beginning of seeing that prayer answered.

2 comments:

Kara said...

What a blessing your son is! I will continue that prayer as well as many others.

Jen Johnson said...

He is such a sweetie and brings a smile to mine and Tanner's face everytime we see him. You are an awesome MOMMY!!