Friday, March 26, 2010

Elyse's 1st Birthday

Well, I should be staying up late tonight making cupcakes, cutting fruit and all the other last minute preporations that go into a first birthday party. Cliff hates it when I throw a party becuase it usually means we're up until at least 1am and pretty tired by the time the party starts! But, it's all worth it in the end when everyone has had a good time and most importantly the guest of honor knows they are valued and loved! And when the last guest leaves you put your feet up and know you will do it all again for the next event!

Tonight isn't like that, we're in Southern California, we went to Disneyland yesterday to celebrate our little girl and to have some time away this week. It has been really good, but a little bitter sweet too. I'd rather be at home with sore feet from standing in the kitchen instead of standing in lines all day. But, THIS is my life now and I'm trying with all that I am to still go on with each day and to make the best of what I've been handed. Including still celebrating Lysie's birthday.

Cliff did a great job explaining what we're doing tomorrow, so here is a copy of what he wrote on his blog.

Saturday, for Elyse's birthday, we're starting a tradition. At 1:06pm, the time that Elyse was born a year ago, we'll be releasing balloons in her honor. April, Peter and I will be in San Diego and will have a picnic lunch, a time together to honor her, and then we'll release our balloons. We're inviting anyone who wants to join us, wherever they are, to do the same in honor of Elyse. If you are able to do this we would love to see some pictures from your time and also be able to put those in her album.
 
Thank you family and friends for helping us celebrate!

4 comments:

paperlilley said...

we do this for asher.


http://paperlilley.blogspot.com/2009/07/remembering-asher.html

Unknown said...

Prayed for you all yesterday... we love you and your little girl!

Nate

Michelle Krueger said...

April- Thinking of you and your family..... If you are down in Fresno/Clovis, I would love to get together with you for coffee. My e-mail is kruegerm4@gmail.com.
Love Michelle (Hauge) Krueger

Michelle Krueger said...

April- Scott and I are going to be up at Hume this Thursday through Sunday.... if you guys are going to be there... I would love to get together with you and hang out for a little bit. You can e-mail me at kruegerm4@gmail.com and let me know if you will be around.

Michelle (Hauge) Krueger