Monday, March 22, 2010

Perseverance

The definition of perseverance:

1.steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., esp. in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

2.Theology. continuance in a state of grace to the end, leading to eternal salvation.
 
This may seem like a funny or strange post, but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who is persevering with us. In so many ways. It really means a lot right now. Life has been rough for the last five weeks or so and lately perseverance has been on my mind. For us to "stay the course", for our friends to keep asking and nudging their way into our world. I really appreciate those that keep asking things, specific things or just come over or just jump in and help or maybe don't do anything but sit with us. It's really difficult to explain, but I kind of feel like I'm in a fog A LOT!! Simple problem solving things are difficult, planning life activities more than a day in advance takes a lot of brain power. Really simple daily life things are just so different.
 
I thought the second definition was interesting too. I'm living in that continuing state of grace everyday and I am so thankful for salvation. Praise the Lord! Can't wait to get to heaven, for so many reasons.
 
Thanks for reading my random thoughts, it means a lot to have people 'follow' this journey we're on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both Danny and I wish we could do more for you guys but just know that we are praying for you and thinking about ALL of you constantly!!

Yvonne said...

What a word! Perseverance...thank you for the definitions and sharing your thoughts in the midst of grief. Running and perseverance go hand in hand...we are sure learning that...so many things the Lord is teaching us...it is an honor to call you friend and to walk this road with you.

Bunnie said...

Yes, it is an honor to be your friend and walk this road with you. A verse to share..."For You have been my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My sould clings to You; Your right hand upholds me."
Psalm 63:7-8